Pecans A Wise Snack Choice

‎18-12-2012 00:42

Pecans A Wise Snack Choice

Pecans are the only major nut tree that grows naively in the North Americas. Their name comes from the Native American word of Algonquin. They are one of the easiest nuts to shell and have a great taste. They became Cheap Jaguars Jerseys so popular because of the ease of shelling and the areas in which they grew naturally.

Pecans are great on their own but if you candy or roast them they add an incredible flavor to the nut and can be used in a variety of ways, easily making them one of the more versatile of the nuts. Add to that the wide area in which they are grown and can be harvested from it is easy to see why they are so popular.

Pecans can even be made into coffee grounds for something different. If you are a coffee person and you have not tried pecan coffee you have no idea of what you are missing. Pecan coffee is just simple amazing; the pecan flavor is very mild and divine.

Another use of pecans would d be just as you would use peanut oil. Pecan oil is another thing pecans can be used for to further enhance their use. They are expeller pressed which is a completely mechanical process that extracts the oil versus a chemical process which may leave residue. If you are looking for a natural alternative then you will want to try pecan oil.

Pecans also make a great addition as a dessert and you have a nut that has a lot of uses and is very popular. I know I can't think back to a Christmas or Thanksgiving without a pecan pie. To this day it is one of my favorite desserts. If I smell a pecan pie as soon as I walk up to the door if one is in the oven or recently baked I have to have a piece.

Another favorite dessert of mine is the pecan praline. It is very simply made with pecans and sugar syrup. This mating provides a melt in your mouth goodness that you have to taste to believe.

Pecans are also used as a cover for a variety of cheese logs or balls. Adding a distinctive taste to the cheese and making it more favorable. These are definitely worth a try if you are Cheap Chiefs Jerseys a cheese person.

Another use of pecans I have not had a chance to try yet is the pecan dough. I can imagine this would add more flavor to a pecan pie. I can also imagine using this in a variety of bread dough's for added flavor.

Pecans have a variety of uses, some well known other not as much, for something different try pecan coffee or pecan oil in your cooking. Both items make a great gift for the gourmet on your gift Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys list.

Even if you do not want to provide a gourmet gift the regular pecans in either their candied or roasted form are excellent presents, or even just Cheap Redskins Jerseys .
Membres les plus populaires